The same old story

Since I see nothing really new, looking back is often a good idea. So I did a very brief search and I found just a few quotes without any comment (I think is unnecessary) which I believe can be usefully related to some things you hear from people about the Italian situation, with the hope of a structural change...

"Those who have nothing to hide, have nothing to fear"
Adolf Hitler

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged"
Cardinal Richelieu

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first"
Thomas Jefferson

"It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one"
Voltaire